I am not into telling people what to do with their life on my blog. It is usually about stuff that I think about, or stuff that I see and make me think. Things that I presume should be shared and people would enjoy reading.
But, here are 10 things you should keep in mind to stay young. I got this in an email and agreed with most of what it says. I think everyone should read it and think about it.
- Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay ‘them’
- Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down
- Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle
- Enjoy the simple things
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath
- The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive
- Surround yourself with what you love , whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge
- Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help
- Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is
- Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity